Saturday, May 18, 2013

A language link I think I said I would provide

I just had the vague thought this morning that I had agreed to bring this link to some group of people. I asked on facebook. Alex and Steve remembered, and Steve thinks it was the MN conference, so here it is just in case. :-)

It's a collection of links to Bible passages that are interesting in one way or another, but aren't religious, that might be of interest to people wanting some exposure to the language of those days.
This was created to help (and amuse) people who were writing pseudo-Renaissance scroll texts and ceremonies within the Society for Creative Anachronism. Renaissance-ish. but for people who weren't familiar with Shakespeare or with the King James Bible, it can be way-difficult-to-impossible.

Reading the Bible Without Fear of Religion
Ælflæd of Duckford is my SCA name. My medievalesque name. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment